Palm Springs Business Lawyer
Palm Springs area lawyer Robert L. Firth understands the legal aspects and art of drafting contracts and incorporations. Many of our clients have been running long term businesses in the Inland Empire, and some are simply individuals who need help drafting or reviewing agreements. Whether you are buying or selling property, products or services, or drafting a lease or rental agreement, an experienced contract attorney can mean the difference between a successful transaction and litigation. An investment in a good contract can prevent costly litigation and attorney fees down the road.
“The way you structure your business today, can have long term benefits as well as consequences down the road.”
COACHELLA VALLEY CONTRACT & INCORPORATION ATTORNEY
If you are considering incorporating or starting a small business in the Coachella Valley or Riverside County you should call and schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your options. The way you structure your business today, can have long term benefits as well as consequences down the road. The type of business entity you establish can be determined by: tax ramifications, business purpose, legal protection and the way in which you wish to raise money to finance the business.
There are many types of corporations that can be formed, and each has a unique benefit depending on the purpose of the business and how taxes wish to be accounted for.
- Business Corporation – A corporation formed to engage in commercial business for profit.
- C Corporation – A corporation where the income is taxed through the corporation, instead of the shareholders.
- Professional Corporation – A corporation set up by a group of licensed professionals, (lawyers, physicians, accountants Etc.)
- Non-Profit Corporation – A not for profit company, or 501(c)(3), is designed for a purpose other than creating profit.
- S Corporation – A corporation where the income is taxed through the shareholders, instead of the corporation.
- Limited Liability Company – a business entity which is taxed like a partnership but offers the personal liability protection of a corporation.
Although this is merely a snapshot of the types of corporations that you can set up, there is a specific strategy for each type of organization. During your free consultation we’ll discuss the goals for your business to best determine the type of corporation we set up.
CORPORATE MATTERS & TRANSACTIONS
In addition to contract reviewing and drafting, the Law Office of Robert L. Firth is experienced with drafting a number of corporate transactions:
- Corporate compliance
- Corporate mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Employment issues
- Intellectual property agreements
After you incorporate, you will need assistance with corporate records maintenance and other corporate governance matters. We provide a wide range of business law services designed to meet your needs. It is our pleasure to assist with corporate books and other corporate governance matters.